Prepare for Marriage
The average couple spends 200 hours or more preparing for their wedding day. That’s as it should be. Every memory you create that day will be a memory you will treasure for the rest of your lives. But it is just one day in your life together.
Even more important than what happens on your wedding day are the things you will do to prepare for your marriage – your life together for the next fifty or sixty years! King of Kings’ marriage preparation ministry helps you address the following issues in the hope that your marriage will be as beautiful as your wedding day:
- Giving your marriage a strong spiritual beginning
- Helping your communication skills be strong
- Handling conflict in a way that builds your partnership instead of tearing it down
- Establishing a solid financial footing
- Clarifying relationship roles and other marriage expectations
- Discussing – What about kids
- Managing the inevitable tensions that result from two distinct personalities
- Setting goals for your marriage – right from the start
That’s quite a list, isn’t it? Here are the marriage preparation components that help make it happen:
Prepare-Enrich Online Inventory
You and your fiancé will answer a set of questions tailored to your life circumstances. The inventory report will clarify your relationship strengths and identify areas, which might need a little attention.
Prepare to Last: an 8-week preparatory class
This class helps you understand the issues that the on-line inventory explores. Contact Stacy at 402.504.9039 for upcoming dates.
You will connect with a couple whose marriage is strong. They have been trained to help you apply the on-line inventory results and the content covered in “Prepare to Last.” Typically an engaged couple meets with their mentor couple 4-6 times.
If you are interested in celebrating your wedding at King of Kings we encourage you to look through our Wedding Manual and contact our wedding coordinator, Stacy at 402.504.9039.